In this comprehensive Rank Math SEO Course review we'll dive into what the course covers, the pros and cons, what’s unique about it, and I also provide a few insights and my key takeaways from the course.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is one of the foundational and proven digital marketing tactics. As a small business owner SEO should definitely be part of your overall digital marketing strategy. Why? Well, think about it... very often, one of the first things people do when looking for information or a solution is “Google It”.
So, getting your website to show up in the search engine results is beneficial. Improving the position of your web pages in search results can greatly impact your business. You may actually already be aware of SEO, and may even be implementing it very loosely.
But, unfortunately, SEO can be overwhelming. There's some complexity to it, and it’s constantly in flux.... whether there’s a new technique, algorithm, or tool, it can be difficult to keep up.
And that’s why Rank Math created their SEO Course - to help entrepreneurs like yourself better understand the basics and advanced SEO tactics, so that you can properly and effectively implement SEO practices, and improve the position of your web pages in search results.
Rank Math's SEO Course Review Summary
Quality of Content
The content of the training is top-notch. The lessons are presented in a very systematic, step-by-step, easily digestible manner. And the topics are covered very comprehensively.
Ease of Implementation
You shouldn't have much trouble implementing the tactics thought in the course. The video lessons show you how to do everything at every step of the way, from setting up your website to SEO strategies to getting your website ranking high in the SERPs.
In terms of support, you get access to Rank Math's Facebook SEO group, blog and knowledgebase. Also, each lesson has a link to create a ticket should you have a question about that specific lesson.
The $197 per year price may be turn off for some. It would be interesting to see the value that's provided in the content that they publish each month for the course.
Overall Rating: 4/5
- The Rank Math SEO course is solid, well organized, easy to follow, and provides great value.
- The SEO terms, ideas and tactics are explained in a simple and logical manner. It covers SEO basics, understanding the SERPs, getting your website indexed, keyword research and more.
- For novices, lessons are provided in short, terms, ideas explained in a simple and logical manner. Those experienced in SEO will get some golden nuggets, and perhaps have some ah-ha moments.
Why You Should Learn About SEO
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is about improving the position of website’s pages in organic search results, and has a few key advantages, including:
Who Is Rank Math and Are They worthy of creating a course on SEO?
Rank Math is a WordPress SEO plugin that allows you to easily optimize your content and website based on widely-accepted best practices. It's one of the top SEO plugin with more well over 2 Million installations.
If you read any of the articles on Rank Math's blog, which covers SEO basics, technical SEO as well as blogging and WordPress tutorials, you'll soon realize that they definitely know their way around SEO, and provide a wealth of up-to-date information about the SEO space.
So, yeah... they are worthy. And nothing less than a top-notch and insightful course is expected of them.
Now, let's really get into the Rank Math SEO Course review and see how they met with my expectations.
What is the Rank Math SEO Course all about, and what’s included
Rank Math’s SEO course covers the nuts and bolts of SEO, from basic to advanced tactics to boost the organic traffic to your business website, and get your web pages ranking high in the search engine results.
Here's how Rank Math describes the course themselves 👇🏼
At the time of writing this review, the course comprised of 6 modules with 26 published lessons, covering topics ranging from SEO basics to understanding the SERPs, getting your website indexed, keyword research, and website structure.
The sales-page for the course suggests that there are plans to expand the course in the near future to cover topics such as:
- Crafting high quality content that ranks
- Optimizing for on-page SEO
- Page speed optimization
- Link building strategies
- Off-page SEO
- Monitoring and updating your site for better rankings
These topics are very important to ensuring that the course covers the full spectrum of SEO. I'm very interested in seeing how they cover these topics, and will update this review accordingly.
The course content is delivered primarily through video, and presented by Rank Math's content creator Jack Cao. Jack does a great job - speaks at a good pace an explains things well.
The lessons are structured in a logical sequence, and presented in an easily understandable and digestible manner. Videos are typically less than 15mins long, but delves into each issue sufficiently.
The strategies and tactics are all white-hat SEO, so you don't have to worry about any negative impact on your rankings in the long run.
At the top of the video, there's a link to back to the lesson listing of the course. I would have preferred that the list of the lessons is always visible. Below the video, there's a notes section which has any notes for that lesson as well as links to additional downloads (such as the keyword spreadsheet) or other resources.
Each lesson also a link to open a support ticket in case you have any questions about the lesson. And then there are buttons to mark the lesson as completed and a button to take you to the next (and previous) lessons.
Here are few things that stood out for me...
Rank Math SEO Course Pricing
You can get the first 3 lessons of the course for free, which really isn't much at all... it's just the Introduction, Course Outline and Anatomy of a Web Address. So it really doesn't dive into anything substantial. The sales page indicates that this also comes with access to their Facebook SEO group, and 24/7 support.
To get access to the full course, it's $16.41/month (billed annually, which is $196.92). But, that's for the first year. Subsequent years will be at $18.91/month ($226.92/year). The sales-page indicates that this includes:
- Access to 24+ SEO Course Lessons
- NEW Content (1+ Monthly Video)
- Q&A with SEO Experts
- 24/7 Priority Support
Rank Math offers a 30 day no questions asked full refund guarantee on the course.
One thing that's different about this course is that it's a recurring cost rather than you a one-time payment. Rank Math indicates that they will publish a new video each month to keep you updated with the most recent developments in the SEO space.
In order to justify the yearly recurring price, I expect that this ever growing approach to the course should include things like commentary on algorithm updates by the search engines, in-depth Q/A sessions, case studies, etc.
Rank Math SEO Course Review - Final Thoughts
- The Rank Math SEO course covers the nuts and bolts of SEO, from basic to advanced tactics to boost the organic traffic to your website and rank higher in the search engine results.
- It's a solid, well organized, easy to follow course that provides great content and value.
- It does a very good job of taking the complex topic of SEO and breaking it down into easily understandable and digestible lessons.
- At the time of writing this review 26 lessons were published in the course, covering topics ranging from SEO basics to understanding the SERPs, getting your website indexed, keyword research, and website structure.
- Rank Math indicates that upcoming (soon) lessons include how to craft high quality content, on-page and off-page SEO, page speed optimization, link building and monitoring your website for better rankings.
- The $197 per year price may be unusual for some. Rank Math indicates that they will be publishing at least one new lesson each month for the course. I expect to see things like commentary on algorithm updates by the search engines, in-depth Q/A sessions, case studies, etc.
- If you want to know more about SEO and how to how to apply SEO strategies to optimize your website for better ranking, traffic, and conversions, then Rank Math's SEO Course gets my recommendation.